Thewanderingjew

Thewanderingjew

Papa Spy: Love, Faith, and Betrayal in Wartime Spain

Papa Spy: Love, Faith, and Betrayal in Wartime Spain - Jimmy Burns For several weeks now I have picked up this book and read a few pages at a time. The book is about a son's discovery of his father's secret life. I have found it so difficult to progress because it gets bogged down with too much information. I am not familiar with many of the characters or events that the author is describing but I think he believes I am, or should be. I feel like the introduction is going on forever. Every publishing house is mentioned, so many different persons are mentioned, that there are just too many names and places and circumstances bombarding me at once. What I thought would be an exciting read has become tedious. I am going to interrupt my reading of this book to read another book which can give me more background on the period in which this book takes place so I will better enjoy it. I will come back to it. I want to discover the secret life of Tom Burns as publisher, spy and romantic. I think the Imperial Cruise is next so I will better understand the Spanish Civil War and its connections to World War II and, ultimately, the other life of Jimmy's dad.